Saturday, April 07, 2007
Hooray for me!
So Magnetic Island wasn't so bad after all! I went to see my friends at the YHA (which was gorgeous by the way, I'm so jealous) and the bartender there managed to get me a job picking sugarcane in a place called Ayr which is an hour south of here. I really don't know what to expect but I'm sure it will be hard work. Oh well, you can't just relax for 4 months without paying the consequences. I'm sure it will be worth it. I get $16/hour but I have to pay for accomodation but that's only $109 a week which is really good. I will finally have some cash! I will still be in debt by the end though which just means I have to work my ass off when I get home. Even though I'll only be there for two months because it looks like I really am going to England in August which I'm so excited about! Back to Magnetic Island... I ended up hanging out at the beach with some friends and then got a lift back in a topless jeep! So cool! Townsville is alright, it's just another city but I got a charger for my mp3 player which is so exciting after not having music for so long! I finally found pre-packaged salad too which you don't get in many places trust me. Yeah, not as great as sailing or skydiving I must admit. Once I get up to Cairns, I should have some cool things to share with you. It's a bit nice though because I've just been taking it easy. A bit of detox never hurt. No drinking, no makeup and definately no boys (since I do have one waiting for me *smile*) is my rule for the next little while. It kind of feels good. Cairns should be crazy so it's nice to have some time off. I really would like to start working out too so tomorrow I think I'll hit the gym. I have flabby thighs and a beer gut, well to me at least. Speaking of flabby, I'm of to cook dinner. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment