Thursday, July 05, 2007

I must say it's been some time now I feel that I have left you with no definate update of my life. At the same time though, I realize that you probably have more important things to do besides read about me. But to those of you who do read my blog or are not yet taken over by the world of facebook, I am in fact still alive. I believe the last time I updated I was in Thailand. I didn't know a place so beautiful could exist even though like every country, it had it's flaws. After the last time I wrote, I travelled by long boat to Rayleigh Beach, Phrenang Beach and Phi Phi Island. I spent most of my days on the beach and my nights were spent drinking Chang beer and watching sitcoms. It was all going great until my lack of discretion caught up with me. For about a week, I had been eating seafood and fruit shakes from street vendors without a care. Well, I have NEVER been so sick in my entire life! I ended up at the hospital for two days in Phi Phi hooked up to an IV. I passed out one night after puking up blood for about 3 hours straight and fortunately my friend got hold of the doctor. I got picked up barely conscious by a motorbike with a dilapidated wagon attached. When I arrived at the hospital, I was poked and pinched and got needles shoved into me by people shouting in Thai. Anyways, I won't go into anymore detail, but it was hell. It was the first time in my life I thought I was going to die. In the end I was fine and after a brutal flight to Vancouver, I finally arrived home. Since then, I have been doing absolutely nothing with my life beside spending hours on facebook and drinking way too much red wine. I will be working in August though which I'm not looking forward to. I guess I do need the money to pay off my outrageous debt. Seen as I am almost 20, I have been thinking a lot about my future and what exactly I want to do. I figure that once I pay off my debt, I can get more serious about it since I can't exactly go to school being broke. I am thinking along the lines of travel or journalism... or maybe travel journalism. I also love taking photos and consider that maybe I could one day make money for my amazing natural talents. On the other hand, that might take the fun out of it all. All I know is that I have to do something soon or else I will die drunk and alone, being eaten by my numerous cats with strange names in my studio apartment.

No comments: