Friday, January 19, 2007

I want to go home!

So today I am having my first official miserably depressing day here. It's 11am and my breakfast consists of a bag of chips, a 250 g chocolate bar and a bottle of merlot. I was going to go into Melbourne today but I figured I'd stay home alone with the dog, eat a lot, and cry until I have to go to work at 5pm. I did exercise this morning which made me feel great, then I got ready to go out with my "Australia" parents but they came home to bitch and snap at me about everything. I believe they think I'm a mind reader and because I'm not, I'm starting to feel a little unwelcomed. See, I try my best though to please them by cooking, cleaning, working 2 jobs, grocery shopping, going to bed by... oh yes, curfew, waking up early, taking care of the pets and even holding my pee until morning so they can sleep, even though I unfortunately can't. I guess it's not enough, but I really don't know what to do. I would pack up and leave for Sydney which I was ready to do, but when I'm just starting to get settled into a good job that I worked so hard to get, it makes things awkward. I did have a really nice evening last night though. I went out for dinner at a great Chinese restaurant, drank half a bottle of wine, read a really good book, and had amazing dessert. It was nice to get out on my own for a while. Oh, I do miss home. I got a call from my sister and it made me really want to go home. I miss my Mom's cooking, and her loving heart, my Dad's goofy jokes, hanging out with Sarah, playing with my dogs, and cuddling my cat. I also miss my friends, my cousin (that's you Becs), my job, my car, the Old Spaghetti Factory, a decent shower, and just relaxing all day long without a care. The weather is miserable today too, it's humid and rainy. It's also "that time of month" which may be making things worse than they are. Once I make a little more money, I'm off. I can't wait to travel up the coast! Well, enough about my complaining. I'm going to go do something productive, maybe. I might just read for a bit. I'm sad, and a little proud to say that I have polished off my chocolate and chips throughout the course of this journal entry. I'm still working on my wine though, I'm not THAT disgusting. Now, I'll just have to wait and see whether or not it all stays down. Oh how sad I have become. I guess we all need days like this, I just wish I didn't have to work, blah. Well, time to go. I'm sure next time I talk to you, it will be on a lighter note. Have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

SarHa said...

You sound pathetic, haha. Seriously a bottle of wine for brekkie? Silly. I say this with love...start the am off right and don't do this again.