Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It's about 2:30pm and I work in a couple hours so I'm trying to pass the time a little. It's hard living in a small town, there's really not much to do when the nearsest city is an hour away. I really miss my car, and RJ said he would give me his to travel but there is one problem... it's manual. He was trying to give me driving lessons a while back and he said, "now put your foot on the clutch" and my response was "what the hell is that?" So you see my problem. Oh well, it's not big deal. Flights are pretty cheap and I still have my horrible Greyhound pass. I also might be able to bum a ride off this girl I met to Gold Coast. I guess we'll see, but I will have to figure this out soon. I have the option to go to Gold Coast at the end of February with free accomodation at a resort, but I still want to go to Sydney and Byron Bay before hand which means I would have to leave like next week. I could also travel with this girl, or I could do my own thing. I'm sure whatever happens, I'll have a great time no matter what. Besides that, I am having a great time here. I am working hard but my job is going well now, it's money and great experience as well. Me, RJ and a couple of his friends took a trip to his friends cabin in Sandy Point this weekend. It's about a 4 hour drive from here which I slept the whole way because we left at 6am. We were there for about 3 days and we had a blast. We got caught in a rip tide though when we went swimming which was a little scary but fortunately we got out ok. We arrived back on Monday night and yesterday was my only day off for the rest of the week so we went to the beach and met up with some friends for dinner. So many people make fun of my accent, but they love it at the same time. I've said so many words or phrases wrong though which they've had to correct me on, especially at work. Ketchup is tomato sauce and a sweater is a jumper and so on. I'm learning a lot though and I'm picking it up slowly. I'm going to go figure out some things for my trip so I will get going but I'd love to hear from you all and I'll keep blogging! Ta!

No comments: