Friday, February 02, 2007

Sometimes I wish I was Paris Hilton

I was thinking today after walking around for 6 hours straight in heels and serving food to drunk, rich people I couldn't care less about, "wouldn't it be nice to never have to work again." Imagine just being handed money for doing nothing! Dare to dream, I guess. So far every job that I've had, I've hated. Is life just like that or is it just me? It's made me think about my career, even though I don't really need to for another couple months. But, I really think I should do something I WANT to do. Not like, just for the sake of making money. Because you have to do it everyday and it's your life pretty much. I mean, I'm way too smart, talented and good looking to serve food or have people bitch at me about their cell phones for a living. Not to be vain, I mean it's like that for a lot of people. This restaurant that I'm working in is ridiculous as well. It's really not run properly and they treat the employees like animals. I have to do everything there and if something goes wrong, it's my fault. I feel so degraded at every job I do. I want to sell my photographs and jewelry to make money because I would feel good about it. It would be nice to have a side job like that, because I would actually be sharing my talent with people. I probably wouldn't make much though, that's the thing. Well, this job won't be for long anyways and when I'm using the money to skydive over Byron Bay, I know I won't regret it. Speaking of which, I've finally decided when I'm leaving Gisborne. I'm departing on the 21 to spend a short while in Sydney to pick up what was forgotten there and tour the Blue Mountains and then I'm heading to Byron. It's not confirmed, but that's the plan. I'm so happy because I have a day off tomorrow just to relax and enjoy the day. It's supposed to be real hot so I don't know what will happen but I plan to go to Melbourne and just explore. I might even buy some clothes since I've been wearing the same ones for 2 months and there getting pretty worn out. Anyways, I'm off to bed so I'm up at a decent time. Love to all and God Bless. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracie I just read through your blogs - Sarah sent them along to me. What a great writter you are. You give me such a good feel for your day to day and it's interesting, funny and has the painful stuff,too. I love hearing from you. I'm busy packing for India - I leave the day after tomorrow. I think I have to go and buy a bigger suitcase though as I can't fit everything in. I'll be seeing Sarah and Evan and Patty on my way though Vanc so I'll catch up on more news. I'll write from India - I can't believe I'll be there so soon. Lots of love to you. I'm sending $40.00 for your bank account to your Mom. Take care, love Auntie Pam