Sunday, February 04, 2007

I was just thinking that I've been on here lately way too much. I guess it's good though because once I start travelling, I won't be able to go on as much. Yesterday I went to Melbourne and treated myself to a Starbucks frap and some new clothes. It's been 3 months so I figured some self indulging was well deserved. Plus I've been making pretty good money at Roombas even though I might be fired now. Today I called in sick because I was out in the sun too long and my manager said "well if you don't come tonight, don't bother coming back." I'm not quite sure what it all meant so I'm going to go on Wednesday just like nothing happened and see how it goes. Other than that I had a great day. I wore my bran new pretty shirt and went to the Sunday market. I got some nice jewelry that I couldn't resist, some beads, a bag, a sun hat, and some fudge. It was way too hot down in the valley though and I got a really bad headache so I slept for like 3 hours when I got home. Anyways, back to my day out to Melbourne... I bought some shirts, black shorts, a little scarf and some miracle face cream. Honestly, I've been spending $30 on face cream all these years and I bought this stuff yesterday called "pure zone" and it's incredible. My skin is bright and clear! Not to sound like a sales person but this stuff does really work and it's like $12! I got free toner samples from Clinique too. Oh yes, and most important... I got asked out! I was buying shorts at this store and the sales guy started talking to me, we had a laugh, and then he asked me out. I ran into him again the same day and we had lunch. I felt super comfortable around him too like I knew him, it was wierd. I watched a movie yesterday about BC and it made me really home sick. I forgot how beautiful it was, I didn't even remember what it looked like. It's funny, being away makes me really appreciate where I live. Even though I love it here, people have asked me about Canada and I really haven't seen very much of it. So I've been thinking that my next trip should be to travel Canada. As much as Hawaii or Brazil has been calling me, they can wait. I think this trip has given me a new outlook on life in general. There are so many things I take for granted, and I've been so sellfish and shallow all these years. I feel like I have a new appreciation for nature, family, food, shelter, art, music, and even the simple pleasures in life. There was an old man over for dinner yesterday and he said something that made me think. He said, "Young people today really don't know how good they have it. In my day, we would be working on the farm and not travelling to other countries!" A couple months ago, I would have been so naive and said something ignorant without thinking. But it really made me think about how good I really do have it, and how I complain about really trivial things. I mean, I'm in Australia! I'm doing what I love! I think I've matured quite a bit since being here, even though others around me seem a little immature and close minded and it's frustrating. I just wish people would understand me though. Or at least experience what I have in the past while. I'm really starting to find myself and accept it, instead of hide it or be something else. I've discovered so much about myself, I've found new hobbies, and I'm really starting to see things in a new light. I'm still the same though, just happier. Even though I have my weak moments like everyone else. Maybe it's all just growing up and taking the next step. I miss being a child but there is so much more to discover and experience when you grow up. I love travelling and I love Australia! It has opened my eyes so much in ways I could never have imagined. If you ever get the chance to travel, I highly recommend it! But have an open mind because things are never what you expect and it can change you in ways you never thought possible. If you get the chance, listen to this song because it's incredible and describes exactly what I mean.

Wonders never cease

What do you feel when you let go of the wheel
Can you take a leap of faith will you face the change of pace
There are worlds out there beyond compare

Going on a journey
Somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you
Wonders never cease

All that we’ve been through brings my soul so close to you
why not cast your fears aside we can laugh until we cry
There are worlds out there beyond compare

Going on a journey
Somewhere far out east
We’ll find the time to show you
Wonders never cease

It's my favourite Morcheeba song and the way the words and music come together is really powerful. It makes me want to explore the world!

No comments: