Wednesday, February 14, 2007
I've been having a fairly good week besides the odd spat here and there and a couple zits that are driving me insane. I went to this cool hippie town called Daylesford and talked to this woman about photography for like 20 minutes, I went to a nice lake there, and ate a "famous" vanilla slice in a place called Woodend which I am convinced will be my home someday even though it's a hole. But it's so darn cute! It's also where I've been working as a painter. Oh, I don't think I mentioned that I'm actually painting now and it's so fun! Daylesford is a really cute town too, but there's a lot of witch craft and new age crap that I really don't agree with. What else is new? I finally got water babtised. I really felt like it was something I needed to do before leaving. Umm, I've been reading a lot. I've been reading an awesome book lately called The Road Less Travelled. It's really cool if your interested in phsycology and it teaches you all about life and character. I also looked at a book called Please Understand Me and I did a personality test and it tells you what type of person you are. It's really cool and you learn things you never really thought about before but it totally makes sence! I am an INFP which is only one percent of the world population and is the same personality type as Joan of Arc. We are often misunderstood which is so true. Anyways, yesterday was Valentines Day and Christine got me a pretty necklace and a giant chocolate covered marshmallow which is just plain cruel, hehe. Then we went out for dinner and I got food poisoning, yippee! I really should have seen it coming when we saw a bloody goat hoof lying outside the pub. I had a true Aussie experience. We couldn't get a booking at a restaurant anywhere except for this scuzzy little pub in Diggers Rest, a place way out in the middle of nowhere. But we tried it and it was actually quite good. Why I ordered the "deep-fried seafood basket" is beyond me. All through the night and most of today, I have been deathly ill. Then I felt better and I took the dog for a walk. I also put a face masque on, lay in the sun and drank tea. Oh how classy I felt. I remembered though that I had to call the airport to see if it was open during the night but guess what, it closes after the last flight. I don't know if I already mentioned this, but I booked a flight out of an airport that's two hours away and I have to manage to somehow be there at 4:30am. Did I mention as well that there's no public transportation running until 5am and the nearest accomodation is 20 minutes away by bus. So I am basically screwed. Hopefully something turns up and it all works out. Ta!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awe, my poor lil one, I hope you are feeling better! Goat hooves are a dead giveaway that the seafood basket should NOT be ordered! I had a nice romantic dinner with my two valentines, Julie and Jenna, haha. The romance continued when Julie and Noah came over and we had a couple drinks and went in the hot tub. So, I had 3 valentines, lucky me. I am so proud taht you got baptised. Hun, find out how much a taxi would be to the airport. It will be overall cheaper than paying for accomadation and then paying for another taxi to take you the rest of the 20 minutes. Call the taxi company, I bet it will be around $100 at the most, which is expensive, I know, but it may be your only solution. Otherwise, beg someone to take you, and give them a super awesome gift and gas money. Work your charm. Miss you.
Post a Comment