Thursday, January 18, 2007

Update!

Well, it's not been too exciting here in the little town of Gisborne, except for the little bit of rain that shocked us all! Everyone was out collecting it, quite sad actually. Makes me appreciate how much rain Vancouver gets, and we all hate it so much. But honestly, now that I've been here, it's better that we have it than not. Travelling sure makes one appreciate what they have, I know I do. I am having a great time though! I started my job, which is going ok. It's very stressful being a waitress, I sure do appreciate them more, that's for sure. Today I was the only one on the floor, and almost every table was full. The kitchen was beeping me, the bar was beeping me, the customers kept asking me to get things while I had a billion other things on my mind, and everyone was yelling at me! Oh man, I felt like crying. In all that mess, I ended up dumping a plate of sauces on a customer. She was super nice about it though, so was the manager so that didn't go as hellish as expected. I also called tomato sauce ketchup, which is a big no no. So after work I went to the bar down the street and had a big glass of Shiraz, then I got home and crashed for an hour. Now, I'm about to eat peach crumble so all is well. I'm still working as a painter, and I may have a job at a video store if all goes as planned. Anyways, I'm off for the night! Cheers!

No comments: