Sunday, January 21, 2007
Maybe the small town is getting to me, maybe it's the heat, or maybe it's just being a girl. In any case, I've officially taken pathetic to the next level. So it started out with a bottle of wine and a block of chocolate for breakfast, now it's ending the day pigging out on leftover Chinese food at midnight. Do you ever feel that even though nothing is right and you're in such a bad mood that everything just seems... well, funny? See, in the past month, I had $200 go down the drain, and then another $150 just recently. I even lost $2.50 in a damn pop machine. It may not seem like a lot to you but at the moment, I really can't afford to waste a dime. Is this life? I hate to seem cliche but really, is this growing up? If so, someone please give me my childhood back. Like Lindsay says, "that's life, it's just one problem after another." I mean, I have had it pretty great lately so maybe it's balancing out. By the way, ignore my other blog because I spoke to my "temporary parents" and everything is just fine between us. I guess we all fight when we've had too much of one another. I fight with my parents all the time, it's just natural. Don't get me wrong, Christine and Lindsay are really great people, but like all people, we get frustrated. Christine made me a sarong, they bought me lunch today and I even got a foot bath and dinner served on a tray after work last night because my feet were so sore. I was on my feet for almost 7 hours straight in $5 opp shop heels that made my feet bleed, talk about brutal. Besides my feet, work was great last night. It was super busy being a Saturday night but everyone was awesome and I had so much fun. I did get yelled at by a customer who "had two terrible meals and never wants to come back again" but other than that, it was great. The night before was nice too, I didn't really mention that in the midst of all my recent complaining. I went out for dinner, just to get away by myself and it was great. I was so relaxed. Today was nice too because I went to a town called Bendigo which I wish I had my camera for. I know my Dad would have loved it because it's the 3rd largest mining town in the world. Amongst all the big tourist cities, we tend to miss out on these little hidden treasures when we travel. Tonight (before my recent freakout) I made some beautiful jewelry which was quite fun. I know, I'm a nerd. I guess I never really told you exactly why I freaked out earlier. I've had this really expensive mp3 player for only like 3 months and now it's shot. I can't do too much about it either because I bought it 18 hours away from here. I just feel like I work so hard, and money get's thrown away so easily which I also learned from my "non-refundable" bus ticket incident. I was talking to RJ tonight and I realized, I'm not the only one. He's dished out so much money on a car that won't even start, a phone that's shot after a month, etc and we just laughed about it. I didn't feel so bad either after he found a tiny, thick hair in hid teeth much resembling, well, you know where I'm going with this. After venting to 4 people and writing a journal entry, you feel a little better, that's for sure. I know things will turn up, they always do. I just need to be positive and maybe stop resorting to junk food when things aren't going right. I am starting to get love handles that were never there before, that's probably not a good sign. RJ was laughing at me and said in like 5 years, I'm going to balloon if I keep it up. I need to look out. If I put on 20 pounds and start collecting cats, let me know that I have a problem, thanks. Im going to go to bed now. Here is my advice for the night, don't buy Creative products or eat carbs after 9pm. Stick to your walkman if possible, maybe your VCR too, and eat carrots or peaches instead of chips. Technology, combined with the powerful forces of fast food is slowly killing us people! Oh yes, and if you're in a bad mood or feeling a little unstable, don't blog because people might think you're insane. Good Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment