Friday, March 02, 2007
In Lennox
I am currently in Lennox at a really expensive internet cafe drinking a cappuccino and listening to Jack Johnson. I am here because I am trying to stay out of the sun as I have a brutal sunburn and there isn't really much else to do in this town. My hostel is cute but really small. We are by a lake which is beautiful so I've been night swimming a lot. There's a great beach on the other side of us as well where I watch the kite surfers. I want to try that so bad! Well, I got my hair done which was fun because I got to drink champagne and eat strawberries while getting it done. It looked good when it was straight but now it looks like shit so I'm a bit dissapointed but it'll grow I guess. I've been wearing a hat everyday anyways. Besides being a bit sad, sore and bored, this is quite a nice town and the people are great. I'm the baby in the hostel but it's cool, they buy me beer haha. I'm sharing a dorm with this cool hippie lady who has been like a mother to me. I swear this place is changing me though. I haven't shaved in two weeks, I bath in the lake and I wear two dollar sun dresses with bare feet. I was also dancing on the beach the other night which was cool until I couldn't find my stuff but after looking frantically for a half hour, I did. I met two Canadian boys yesterday too which is nice because it seems everyone is German or English here. I really didn't realize how horrible our accent is though. I really wish I was Scottish or something cool that didn't sound retarded. Apparently I sound like a yank though so I guess that's good in a way because honestly spend a month with a Canadian and you'll go nuts! Well I have to go because I have to figure out where I'm going next and this internet is making me broke. What a wierd experience I am having, that's all I can really say right now. I hope you guys at home are having fun in the snow! Trust me, at the moment snow sounds like heaven to me so I'm not mocking. I'll get back to you all when I get to Byron and go skydiving which I'm thrilled about! Ta!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You have to post a pic of your hair. We'll be the judges. And no unneccesary primping. Post it as is. Mind you, if you're not shaving and roaming beaches with hats and cheap dresses and cold beers, I can't imagine you're the old Tracie spending gazzilions of hours on your hair which always looked perfect anyway!!! Miriam
It's your sissy again. "A month with a Canadian" made me laugh bc we spend our whole lives surrounded by them dearie. But I know what you mean. When I was in England they always made fun of my accent and most peeps from Britain and Oz that I talked to said that N Americans have the least attractive accent. Boo. They think we sound whiny.
hey hun! glad to hear you're having an awesome time! upload more pics :) hmm, what's wrong w us canadians? haha. i crave Canadian peeps to meet or bump into. have oodles of fun and scream your face off when u go skydiving. take care. luv, gwen.
Hey tracie nice to hear ur having fun in australia now i wish i could go there :( lol im finally going to quit my job pretty soon and im going to look into becoming a firefighter i got to start looking for a part time job so i can still make money while i do my courses and junk but ya i would like to hear from u again so email me sometime. ttyl
Post a Comment