Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Things are looking up!

Hello one and all, it is midnight here in the little town of Gisborne, Victoria on a very hot and humid Tuesday night. Last time I wrote, things weren't going so great but now they are getting so much better. I am finally getting over my horrible illness and I have pretty much been adopted into my friend's family. I even have my own room and I'm eating like a pig, eeeh! His Dad also offered me a painting job which will be well... interesting. Since I'm not so keen on that and he thinks I'll probably quit after half a day, the next few days will be dedicated to job searching so wish me luck! Honestly though, during the last few days I have been so relaxed and content. I have this amazing feeling that everything will work out just fine and that I am here for a reason. What that reason may be, I'm not sure yet but I know I will get a lot out of this experience. Oh, and about new years eve... it went really well which was a complete shock! I didn't go to any crazy parties, or watch fireworks at the Sydney Harbour Bridge like planned but it was really nice. I spent a quiet night with his family watching the fireworks on TV, eating some great food, and listening to my friend play his bagpipes. It's nice to actually remember your new years eve, hehe! I went on a really cool hike on this mountain the other day and it was amazing! Even though I was sick and felt like dying on the way up, it was worth it. The view was so peaceful and beautiful, I felt like the only person alive at that moment. I really felt like I was experiencing Australia for the first time. I even got bitten by some wierd Aussie bug, and then pet this crazy looking animal that I forgot the name of. I've learned so much about Australia in the last few days as well which is cool. I also saw this really amazing looking bird just in the back yard and a spider inside the house that can give you flesh eating disease so I'm a little paranoid. Tomorrow I am going to a youth conference with my friend so that should be fun. Also, my American friend who I met in Sydney is coming down so we're going to hang out one of these days which I'm excited about. Well I'm off to bed, please keep sending emails or leaving comments because I look forward to hearing from you! I hope you all had an amazing new years and God bless in 2007!

P.S. Please wish me luck in my job hunt!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things really are looking up. I think I see you as a painter. I tried to send you pics of New Years. Did you get them? Your dad really is a rocker...

SarHa said...

Sissykins, I was so happy to hear that you are happier. It made my day. I think you should go for painting too. You are good at that kinda stuff. It will be better than the service industry. kisses and hugs

Anonymous said...

Painter..uh oh..no fun, well for a short time it could be ok. I think it's so cool that you are hanging with the locals. Keep persevering, and keep enjoying Oz! Aren't you proud of me, this is my first time blogging ever! Miss ya! Happy 2007! Rebecca :)